Ask yourself these questions about the person you are or may date:
1. Are they a gamer or will they truly be able to tolerate your gaming habits?
2. Will they participate in watching anime or your favorite geeky/nerdy shows AND actually understand them?
3. How do their beliefs compare to yours when it comes to things you cherish in your life?
4. Will they be offended by the jokes or by your sense of humor?
5. Can you be 100% yourself around them?
6. Do they have at least a decent amount in common with you if they are not fellow geeks/nerds?
7. Will you constantly have to work around their schedule for when you hang out with your friends because you will be doing geeky/nerdy stuff with your friends that they would not enjoy?
8. Will they truly adore/love/like you for the real geek/nerd you are or will they merely just be accepting it for now?
9. Do they find some of the things you do/wear/say rather embarrassing or immature?
10. Will their come a time when you will most likely have to choose between the hobbies/habits that you love and them?
11. Can they stand to be around most of your friends with out disliking their way of life, style, personality, race, religion, etc?
12. Can you see yourself being able to go to the exciting events (Anime Cons, Sci-Fi Cons, Midnight Releases, etc.) you are looking forward to in the future with them?
13. Will you have to change your appearance, religion, habits, etc in order to be able to be more compatible with them or to make them happy?
It’s hard being a geek/nerd and to find someone who will accept you, all of you. Just make sure you don’t settle and don’t give up on the fact that there are still awesome geeks/nerds available, they do exist out there! <3